Lemme break this down for you: You like to eat? Yeah. You into fashion? Hell yeah. Do you love socializing outdoors? Stop reading this blog if you don’t. Do you also enjoy live music? Don’t even answer that if the answer’s not “absolutely.”
As Music Festival Season continues to roll along into Bonnaroo and beyond, a new type of festival starts to gear up around this time. Yes–it’s FOOD FESTIVAL SEASON! A variety of smaller festivals have already had their moment, as well as big festivals like Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit. This coming weekend, The Great Googa Mooga will descend upon Brooklyn and coasting into June, Big Apple Barbecue will hit Madison Square Park, along with three different Bon Appétit Grub Crawl cities–New York City, Chicago, and Charleston. And that’s just the beginning.
So gear up, you hungry music-fiending fashionites and check out these Bourbon & Gloss essentials for suitable food festival-going.
1. The Carla Hat from Steven Alan because it’s cute, with an ideal brim for blocking that glorious sun from your face when you’ve had too much.
2. Stila Cosmetics Illuminating Beauty Balm with SPF 30 for that pretty face of yours.
3. The Louie Sandal from Madewell: cute, small heel, and comfortable enough to wear the day through.
5. Dorthy Perkins Chunky Bracelet because it’s a subdued statement (with such a busy jumpsuit).
6. KOR Water Bottle because you need to stay hydrated while you chow down on all that food.
7. Avene Thermal Spring Water to cool off and keep that skin refreshed when it’s hot.
8. Deena & Ozzy Bag from Urban Outfitters–gotta have a crossbody.
So you’re ready. Just throw on some cheek balm (don’t even fuss with lipstick) and out the door you go. Me personally? I’ll be hitting up the Bon Appétit Grub Crawl in New York, but it’s also coming to Chicago, Charleston, L.A., and Miami, if you’re a hungry food lover elsewhere.